Did you know?

... the Israelite who killed 600 Philistines using only an Oxgoad? Judges 3:31

Just Click!, if you want to know more. :)

Morning Manna


If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all

Read more Isaiah 7

My Amazing Story

This blog is already long overdue but there's nothing  long if it is worth sharing.  =)

Year 2012 was one of the best year of my life.
In this year, I had an opportunity to go to Korea (Seoul) for a business trip.

In the company I'm connected with; Korea is one of the largest clients we have.
For four years, I've been supporting one of their systems.
Praise God! I was given an opportunity to work with them personally.

Even though my business trip lasted only for almost two months, but my experience was priceless.

So here it goes...

my team
Four of us from our team were requested to go to Seoul to work to a new project.

July 21, Sunday afternoon when we arrived in Seoul via Incheon.

Exhausted from our trip, we just went directly to our apartment. Unpacked our things, dinner and rested because the next day is our first working day in Korea. 

Our Korean Team
Monday came and finally; I met almost everybody. For four years I've been talking to them, the people on the other side of the phone and email. =)

Although there is still language barrier but the communication is better. Since we're closely working, we can explain the problem and solution more understandable.

Every Saturday, me and my teammates would usually go out and visit some nearby places.

However, my first Saturday was unforgettable for me; I wake-up early and find a church (maybe this is the first thing Christians do whenever they're in a foreign land) where I can have my Sunday worship. (We stayed at Stay7 apartment mapo near Aeogae station Line 5.)

As I remember there were five churches near from Stay7, but I had only visited four of them because when I went to the fourth church, I said to myself "this is it".
It was Ahyun Methodist Church.

Ahyun Methodist Church
I grew up in a Methodist community, so I guess the worship service will not be new to me. =)
They have English service (11AM every Sunday) which the other three churches don't have.

When I went back to my apartment, I called my wife via Skype and told her about the good news that I found a Methodist church near at my place and they have English service. Yey!

She was very happy for me.

Next day (Sunday), I went to church early (around 10AM) just to observe and hoping to find if there's any Filipino attendee.

A female elder approached me (maybe she thought I'm a Korean) and talked to me (unfortunately I didn't understand every single word she said); I just replied to her "I'm here to attend AMEN English Service".

I guess she understands the keywords "English service, AMEN" so she called one of the youth, and introduce me to her.  This young lady (Just for myself only - I named her Grace  because I kept on forgetting her name) speaks English fluently; She accompanied me and introduced me to the people who are also early  for the English service. It was a meeting place for the English service attendees having fellowship 30mins to 1hr before the service starts.

They gave me a warm welcome as if I was their long lost member. =)

Praise God for He put me to church that I feel that I belong.

The service started led by Pastor Aric (English Service Pastor) with the praise and worship team led by Hyo Sik.

It was a Methodist traditional service and feels like I was back in Wesley UMC.

While I was listening to the praise and worship, I felt an urge that I need to join their team.

I have attended churches with praise & worship team, some of the different denominations but this is my first time I felt an urge to join.

The church English congregation was not as big as you can imagine (but the Korean service is more than you can imagine). I think that time we were only less 50 attendees.

It was like one big happy family. People are very close. =)

After the service, Chung Yee (I think he's the English service lay leader) approached me and introduced me to everyone.
He also invited to join their group (This group gather after the service where everyone can share their problems, thoughts, experiences, etc.)  As first timer, I was hesitant, though they were very hospitable.

I turned down their invitation instead I asked Chung Yee if it is  Ok to join their praise and worship team.
I told him that I can play guitar or bass.
He endorsed me to Hyo Sik, then she asked me to attend their practice on Saturday. Yey!

Saturday came, and I went to their practice.
I had a chance to meet everyone on the team and observed how they practice.

Praise and worship team is composed of Kevin on guitar, Hanna - piano and Hyo Sik the worship leader. Their practice lasted for about two hours.

Hats off to Hyo Sik for her patience and commitment to the responsibility she was called to do.

The next day, I was surprised when I came to church and most of the attendees approached me and giving their appreciation for they heard that I'll be joining their praise and worship team.
My heart was overwhelmed with gladness and the urge of being part of the team becomes stronger.

Then, I was able to join their lunch and group gathering right after the service.
.
Their group gathering is the exact activity that I want to have in Wesley before; wherein you can share and learned anything about life through sharing of different experiences.

Next Saturday, Hyo Sik came to practice with her acoustic guitar.  She told me that I could use it and bring it to my apartment, so I can practice more. (Wow! Praise God!) 

Kevin also told me that I could use his acoustic guitar every Sunday so that I will not be bringing Hyo Sik guitar every week. He'll just bring his electric guitar every Sunday, so we could have variation. (Wow! Praise God!)

I was so grateful and blessed because I haven't been playing guitar for quite sometime and now everything has been provided to me. Praise God!

After practice, I brought to my apartment Hyo Sik's guitar along with the music pieces for Sunday's line-up. Excited, I immediately pulled-out the guitar from its case and started playing. It was like my first taste of ice cream.  =)

After 15 minutes of playing the guitar, I suddenly paused and came to realize everything.
God opened my eyes and see the reason why I was sent to this place and why everything is falling to the right place and in the perfect time.

Tears flow and I really cry for God has fulfilled my prayers.

God really looked inside our hearts.
He knows that I longed to be in a praise and worship team like I was in Wesley UMC wherein I offer my skills to glorify Him.

Then I remember a conversation with my wife, she told me "I love seeing you with the band. I hope one day I can see you again on (stage/altar/pulpit), playing guitar giving praise to Him"
I cried more after that. Actually, I do get teary eyed whenever I remember these lines because I can still picture my wife telling these words to me.

That night, I called my wife and told her everything.
Again, she was very happy for me. She just wished that she could be there for me.

It was my third Sunday and I was very excited.
I went to church early so I could help the team prepare the instruments, materials and other equipment.

Just before the service started, pastor Allen gathered the team and prayed for us.

I was so nervous that my hands and legs were shaking even my voice was shaking.


It was my first time for a long time to be on the altar again for praise and worship.

It went well, I guess? =)
I was very happy, and everyone seems to be also. After service, pastor Allen shook my hand and thank me. Whew! Praise God!

I did my best to make most of my two remaining Sundays.

I have attended every activity that I can, and I tried to learn Korean songs (I can still remember some of the tunes). 

My wife had an opportunity to come over in my last week and stayed with for five days.
I brought her to the church and introduced her to everyone I know.
God allowed her to see me with the team singing praise and worship. Amen!

I miss all of you. Hope to see you again, soon. God bless.

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. - Mark 11:24

And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen. - Matthew 21:21

Read your Bible and pray everyday and you'll grow, grow, grow...

To God be all the glory!!!

 ~ If this post somehow helped or inspire you, please share your thoughts in the comment section ~
Thank You and God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not enough... Know Him More...